- is a friendly interface backed by an ecosystem of plugins built for creating and manipulating content.
- takes data in different formats, and translate them into structured data
- usified is a chain of processes, with many plugins you can connect with
- no manual parsing or syntax handling
Three part act
- Parse: any input needs to be parsed to a workable format (mdast, hast...)
- Transform: all the magic happens here. here's where all the plugins transform the input depending on the order too.
- Stringify: take the formatted content and stringify it to Markdown, HTML or prose.
- check repo for the example: https://github.com/horacioh/unified-intro
- in this example we will learn how to turn Markdown into HTML.
- for that we need a Markdown parser (
remark-parse) and an HTML stringifier (
- to transform between Markdown and HTML we need
- to glue all and stream it, we are going to use
- you have a bunch of plugins available to work with content (that's COOL)
- Note that remark plugins work on a Markdown tree, and rehype plugins work on an HTML tree. It’s important that you place your .use calls in the correct places.
- I use the
remark-heading-id plugin to enable custom heading links on the HTML result (❤️)
Questions and comments